Is insurance accepted? Birth by Grace is currently in network with Aetna. Aetna can be billed for PRENATAL CARE ONLY. Birth by Grace does NOT accept insurance to cover home birth deliveries. After birth, an itemized receipt will be provided for clients to submit to insurance companies for reimbursement or credit towards deductibles. Clients should call their insurance companies to confirm that their plans have “out of network” benefits. This is required to receive reimbursement from insurances.
What’s Included? Please refer to the "Comprehensive Home Birth Services" page for information.
Are payment plans available ? Yes! Most families are on affordable monthly payment plans. This can either be paid via one payment or split into 2 payments over the month. The full fee is to be paid in full by 36 weeks!
Are doula services included in pricing ? No. But if you’re interested in doula services offered by BBG, custom pricing can be provided to include doula care.
What about labs and ultrasounds? Labs and ultrasounds can still be covered by insurances. The labs used at the BBG office is called Quest and Propath, which accepts most insurances and medicaid plans. Both use reasonable discounted self pay pricing for uninsured clients.
What is the process to get started ? Clients are required to have a consultation to review health status and candidacy for home birth. The financial contract is emailed for your review, if you decide to proceed with partnering with BBG for care, the contract is signed, deposit is made, and the first prenatal appointment is scheduled!
What birth supplies do I need? Birth supplies are not included in the total pricing. The contract includes a list of suggested supplies needed for home birth. The link to purchase the birth kit is also provided. The birth pool rental and liner is provided, required water birth supplies are not.
Did you know?
When hiring a home birth midwife, your fee also covers….Birth by Grace Midwifery Services, LLC is a private-duty, solo midwifery practice. In efforts to keep home birth affordable for self pay and uninsured clients, Birth by Grace Midwifery Services, LLC charges a fraction of the usual and customary rate for a normal vaginal delivery in the hospital ,which can total up to $20,000! Private-duty midwifery care includes:
Concierge service - All prenatal care is conducted by a licensed and Certified Nurse Midwife, which generally total 8-13 visits.
• Complimentary lactation and home birth education class
• Unlimited Open Dialogue/ Direct Communication with your primary midwife via text, email and phone
• Collection and interpretation of labs including blood work and cultures during the course of the pregnancy
• Collaboration with supportive medical team for complications that require medical consultation/interventions
• Prenatal care, Home Visits, OB Triage, physical “labor check” visits , home birth and water birth experience
• Birth Assistant Fee - assists with set up, additional labor support and clean up
• Newborn procedures/care- the midwife files the birth certificate with the state, applies for social security card, prepares newborn birth record for pediatric visit, administers vitamin K injection (if desired), collects PKU screen (newborn blood test).
• Physical and emotional supporting during labor and birth, regardless of length of laboring/birth process/outcome
• Medication administration, including intravenous (IV) therapy & antibiotics (if needed) during pregnancy and/or labor
• In the event a transfer to the hospital is necessary, (due to the pandemic) the midwife will continue provide supportive services virtually, which include communication with hospital staff and/or continued labor support.
• Administrative duties- Included but not limited to: insurance verification, employment forms (FMLA, etc). Breast pump orders, clearance letters needed for other medical services (dental, yoga etc.), scheduling appointments, consulting with medical teams, invoicing/billing..
• Additional fees to accommodate your birth, including back-up midwives